<MP>Tuesday, 29 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:09:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   If you live close to Onalaska there will be an
   informational meeting at 7 p.m. this Wednesday,
   30 July in Saint Pat's Gathering Space.

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Martha
Martha, Mary and their brother Lazarus were evidently close friends of
Jesus. He came to their home simply as a welcomed guest, rather than as one
celebrating the conversion of a sinner like Zacchaeus or one unceremoniously
received by a suspicious Pharisee. The sisters feel free to call on Jesus at
their brother's death, even though a return to Judea at that time seems
almost certain death.  For more, follow the link below:

Is it not you alone, O LORD, our God, to whom we look? You alone have done
all these things. ~Jeremiah 14:17-22'

Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me,
even if he dies, will live, and anyone who lives and believes in me will
never die. Do you believe this?" She said to him, "Yes, Lord. I have come to
believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, the one who is coming into
the world." ~John 11:19-27

Martha, Mary and their brother Lazarus.  Martha was busy with the details of
entertaining while Mary sat at Jesus' feet and listened.  Lazarus, their
brother, had died.  They had faith in Jesus, and their brother was brought
to life again. They knew that Jesus had the power to accomplish anything.
As Martha says, "Yes, Lord. I have come to believe that you are the Christ,
the Son of God, the one who is coming into the world."

I pray that I may quiet myself and listen to what Jesus has to say to me.  I
pray that I may have the faith to know that the Lord can do anything, that
He is the Christ, the Son of God, the one who is coming into the world.