<MP>Tuesday, 29 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:34:00 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I ' M    A T    M U N D E L E I N
I'll be at Mundelein Seminary in Illinois until late on Thursday, 31
January. I'll be supervising a Seminarian from our Diocese during his
Internship.  God willing he'll be Ordained a Deacon on 03 May.  Keep us in
your prayers.  I'll be sending Morning Prayer from Mundelein.

Servant of God Brother Juniper (d. 1258)
"Would to God, my brothers, I had a whole forest of such Junipers," said
Saint Francis of Assisi of this holy friar.  For more about Brother, follow
the link below.

Then David, girt with a linen apron, came dancing before the LORD with
abandon, as he and all the house of Israel were bringing up the ark of the
LORD with shouts of joy and to the sound of the horn.  ~ 2 Samuel 6:12b-15,
17-19

And looking around at those seated in the circle he said, "Here are my
mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of God is my brother and
sister and mother."  ~Mark 3:31-35

David was chosen by God to be King. We can yearn for such closeness to God.
In our Gospel we hear that "whoever does the will of God is brother and
sister and mother" of Jesus Himself.

I pray that I may remember the intimate relationship God wants to have with
me.  I pray that I may rely on my Brother Jesus to be with me in good times
and in bad.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
Wepray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
athome.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courageand willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!