<MP>Tuesday, 29 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:28:28 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Servant of God Brother Juniper (d. 1258)
"Would to God, my brothers, I had a whole forest of such Junipers," said
Saint Francis of Assisi of this holy friar.  For more about Brother, follow
the link below.

Then David, girt with a linen apron, came dancing before the LORD with
abandon, as he and all the house of Israel were bringing up the ark of the
LORD with shouts of joy and to the sound of the horn.  ~ 2 Samuel 6:12b-15,
17-19

And looking around at those seated in the circle he said, "Here are my
mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of God is my brother and
sister and mother."  ~Mark 3:31-35

David was chosen by God to be King. We can yearn for such closeness to God.
In our Gospel we hear that "whoever does the will of God is brother and
sister and mother" of Jesus Himself.

I pray that I may remember the intimate relationship God wants to have with
me.  I pray that I may rely on my Brother Jesus to be with me in good times
and in bad.