<MP>Tuesday, 29 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 07:01:55 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Dates for the Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Thomas Becket (1118-1170)
A strong man who wavered for a moment, but then learned one cannot come to
terms with evil and so became a strong churchman, a martyr and a
saint?that was Thomas Becket, archbishop of Canterbury, murdered in his
cathedral on December 29, 1170. His career had been a stormy one. While
archdeacon of Canterbury, he was made chancellor of England at the age of
36 by his friend King Henry II. When Henry felt it advantageous to make
his chancellor the archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas gave him fair warning:
he might not accept all of Henry?s intrusions into Church affairs.
Nevertheless, he was made archbishop (1162), resigned his chancellorship
and reformed his whole way of life! For more, follow this link:

Whoever says he is in the light, yet hates his brother, is still in the
darkness. Whoever loves his brother remains in the light, and there is
nothing in him to cause a fall. Whoever hates his brother is in darkness;
he walks in darkness and does not know where he is going because the
darkness has blinded his eyes.  ~1 John 2:3-11

The child?s father and mother were amazed at what was said about him; and
Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, ?Behold, this child is
destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and to be a sign that
will be contradicted (and you yourself a sword will pierce) so that the
thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.?  ~Luke 2:22-35

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

Jesus is extraordinary, from the very first moment of His life here on
Earth. He calls us to a new and better life and helps us realize how
harmful it is when we harbor resentments against others. We cannot be "in
the light" and at the same time hate others.

I pray that I may let go of my resentments.  I pray that I may truly live
in he light!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!