<MP>Tuesday, 29 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:23:26 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

S T A T E     C O N V E N T I O N
Knights of Columbus State Convention was great as always.  Bishop Listecki
has appointed me Wisconsin Knights of Columbus Chaplain for the Diocese of
La Crosse beginning July 1st.  Please keep the Knights of Columbus in your
prayers as we grow ... and as we stand up for the Church, the Sacrament of
Marriage, Life, Family, and more!

St. Catherine of Siena (1347-1380)
The value Catherine makes central in her short life and which sounds clearly
and consistently through her experience is complete surrender to Christ.
What is most impressive about her is that she learns to view her surrender
to her Lord as a goal to be reached through time.  For more, click the link
below:

About midnight, while Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God
as the prisoners listened, there was suddenly such a severe earthquake that
the foundations of the jail shook; all the doors flew open, and the chains
of all were pulled loose. When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors
wide open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself,
thinking that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted out in a loud
voice, "Do no harm to yourself; we are all here." ~Acts 16:22-24

Jesus said to his disciples: "Now I am going to the one who sent me, and not
one of you asks me, 'Where are you going?'
But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. But I tell you
the truth, it is better for you that I go.
For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will
send him to you. ~John 16:5-11

Jesus' disciples were fearless.  When there was an earthquake that opened
their prison, they didn't even flee.  Even the jailer came to faith!  Now
Jesus begins to talk about his leaving, but not leaving his disciples alone.
The Advocate will come to them and given them all they need to carry on!

I pray that I may be unafraid as Jesus' disciples were.  I pray that others
may come to deeper faith through witnessing my faith.  I pray that I may
know the Advocate is with me to help me carry on Jesus' work on earth!