<MP>Tuesday;, 28 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:38:53 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Sts. Simon and Jude
Jude is so named by Luke and Acts. Matthew and Mark call him Thaddeus. He is
not mentioned elsewhere in the Gospels, except, of course, where all the
apostles are referred to. Scholars hold that he is not the author of the
Letter of Jude. Actually, Jude had the same name as Judas Iscariot.
Evidently because of the disgrace of that name, it was shortened to "Jude"
in English.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you
are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God,
built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus
himself as the capstone. ~Ephesians 2:19-22

Jesus went up to the mountain to pray, and he spent the night in prayer to
God. When day came, he called his disciples to himself, and from them he
chose Twelve, whom he also named Apostles ... ~Luke 6:12-16

It is God's will that we come together and follow His call in our lives. For
that reason he chose Apostles, to be authentic preachers of the Word and
faithful leaders of the people. Their mission continues in our Bishops to
this day. All of us are "members of the household of God, built upon the
foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the
capstone." We offer our support as we rely on their leadership.

I pray that I may trust the successors to the Apostles, our Bishops to lead
us in the way we should go.  I pray that I may live as a faithful member "of
the household of God, built upon the foundation of the Apostles and
prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone."

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Patricia asks prayers for her daughter who is interviewing for a job. Betty
asks for prayers for the upcoming election that the right candidate will
make a difference, and for several other intentions. Judy asks prayers for
her daughter, that she can find a better job.

Barbara asks prayers for the a defeat of a proposal which would expand human
embryo research. Carol requests prayer for wisdom and a peace about a
decision she will make next week. Lisa requests prayers for a friend who is
recovering after hip replacement surgery. Chris would like prayers for her
cousin who had a 20 hour surgery for a brain tumor and is likely to have
more due to another tumor that was found.