<MP>Tuesday, 28 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:37:30 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures
forever."  ~Psalm 106:1

Gratitude to God is the theme of Thanksgiving Day.  The pilgrims gathered to
give thanks to God for their harvest which was pitifully small.  When we
look around at all the things we have today, how can we help being grateful
to God?  Our families, our homes, our friends; all these things are free
gifts of God to us.  "But for the grace of God," we would not have them. God
gives us this day too, to rest and to give thanks.

I pray that I may be very grateful today.  I pray that I may not forget
where I might be but for the grace of God.

A member requests prayers for her elderly mother who is argumentative and
angry from dementia. Ana asks for prayers for her father who will begin a
second round of chemo, that it may be successful. Kris asks prayers for Mike
who will be having an MRI of his brain as he had questionable results on a
previous MRI and he is having bad headaches.

Abby requests prayers for God's presence and guidance for various personal
intentions. Janie asks for prayer for her friend  whose mother passed away
this morning. Gaby asks prayers for a special intention. Maureen ask for
prayers for a family member who is leaving her Catholic upbringing to marry
a Mormon, that she will have a change of heart.

Debbie asks prayers for her niece who has malignant melanoma is starting
aggressive chemotherapy this week. A member asks for prayers for her
grandson that he has a good interview and is offered a good job. Sherry
requests prayers of thanksgiving for the return of her son's unit from Iraq.
Dede asks prayers the owners of the money to be in agreement with me on my
proposal, for repaying the money.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm