<MP>Tuesday, 28 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:50:00 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

  For more, follow the link below:

Then he said, "If I find favor with you, O LORD, do come along in our
company. This is indeed a stiff-necked people;
yet pardon our wickedness and sins, and receive us as your own." ~Exodus
33:7-11; 34:5b-9, 28

"Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field." He said in reply, "He
who sows good seed is the Son of Man,
the field is the world, the good seed the children of the Kingdom. The weeds
are the children of the Evil One, and the enemy who sows them is the Devil.
The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. Just as
weeds are collected and burned up with fire, so will it be at the end of the
age. ~Matthew 13:36-43

We are planted in the right place, and we can grow like crazy!  Still, it is
easy for us to be choked out be weeds of the evil one, or grow in the Lord
for awhile and then choose our own way.  God does indeed pardon our
wickedness and sins and receive us as His own.

I pray that I may listen to the Word of God and allow it to grow freely
within me.  I pray that I may reject anything that might tempt me to do
things my own way and live a life not according to my calling.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Michele prays for her aunt who has recently had her third surgery for breast
cancer in 6  weeks. Marianne requests prayers for her 14 yr. old grand
daughter who has bulimia. A member requests prayers for our family when we
meet tomorrow with a disgruntled heir who is suing us.

Tina asks prayers for her husband, that God will bless him and guide him
with regard to his health and his job. Nancy requests prayers for two
intentions. Rita and her family asks for prayers for their dad who is having
colon surgery on 7/29/09.

Irene asks prayers for a special intention. Sheila asks prayers for a
special intention. Ashly asks prayers for a special intention. Lynn asks
prayers for her Dad who is in the hospital with lung and breathing problems.
Barbara requests prayers for 2 special intentions.

Carol asks prayers for a special intention. Mary requests prayers for her
niece that she can get off on felony charges for custody of her son, that
her lawyer will be able to get her off. Marina requests prayers for her
husband who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer at age 55. Judy asks
prayers for a special intention. Elaine asks prayers for her brother, who
has a tumor in his pancreas.