<MP>Tuesday, 28 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:09:24 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats remain.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"'Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?'  He said to him,
"'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your
soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the greatest and first commandment.
And a second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'  On
these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.'"  ~Matthew
22:36-40

Happiness cannot be sought directly; it is a by-product of love and service.
Service is a law of our being.  With love in our hearts, there is always
some service to other people.  A life of power and joy and satisfaction is
built on love and service.  Persons who hate or are selfish are going
against the law of their own being.  They are cutting themselves off from
God and other people.  Little acts of love and encouragement, of service and
help, erase the rough places of life and help to make the path smooth.  If
we do these things, we cannot help having our share of happiness.

I pray that I may give my share of love and service.  I pray that I may not
grow weary in my attempts to do the right thing.

Anthony asks prayers for mother, for a cure of cancer. Anne requests prayer
for suitable employment and improved health for herself and her children.
Jean asks prayers for a special intention. Nancy from PA requests prayers
for their niece as she begins medical school to become a pediatric
oncologist that God will give her the wisdom and stamina that will be
required to attain her dream.

Mary Ann prays for good results on her preparation and colonoscopy
procedure. Henry requests prayers for the soul of his cousin who died of
ovarian cancer last Sunday. Dolly asks prayer for 2 special intentions and
for her friend to have a very successful surgery on September 4th.

Marge requests prayers for her daughter who is looking for a full-time
teaching position. Rose asks for prayers for her father, that his CAT scan
is clear and that he is completely healed from his cancer. Tim ask for
prayers for his wife who is suffering mental anguish.

Barb asks prayers for her son who is severely depressed and her daughter who
is fighting bulimia. Please pray for a member's mother that the pain she is
now suffering because of cancer be eased. Calaya  asks prayers for a special
intention. Chizoman asks prayers for a special intention. Eileen requests
prayers for successful surgery for pancreatic cancer for her neighbor who is
the father of two very young boys.