<MP>Tuesday, 27 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:48:31 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Francesco Antonio Fasani 1681-1742

At his death in Lucera, children ran through the streets and cried out, "The
saint is dead! The saint is dead!" Francesco was canonized in 1986.

"See that you not be deceived, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am
he,' and 'The time has come.' Do not follow them! When you hear of wars and
insurrections, do not be terrified; for such things must happen first, but
it will not immediately be the end." ~Luke 21:5-11

As we near the end of the Church year we contemplate the end of time.  We
can be tempted to be fearful and try to calculate when that day will come,
all in an attempt to quickly get ready for it.  Jesus tells us that we won't
know. So, it's better to get ready, and stay that way.

I pray that I may not be preoccupied with the second coming.  I pray that I
may live each day with my life in order, so that I can accept the end with
faith and joyful expectation.