<MP>Tuesday, 26 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:27:11 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    P I L G R I M A G E
18-28 October 2010
Tentatively: $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse, WI Join us on this
wonderful Pilgrimage.  We'll celebrate Mass daily in some of the most
beautiful Churches in Ireland.
Join the e-mail group too, for updates.  A full brochure will be available
at my Web Site soon, early this week!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Sts. Timothy and Titus
Timothy (d. 97?): What we know from the New Testament of Timothy's life
makes it sound like that of a modern harried bishop. He had the honor of
being a fellow apostle with Paul, both sharing the privilege of preaching
the gospel and suffering for it. Timothy had a Greek father and a Jewish
mother named Eunice. Being the product of a "mixed" marriage, he was
considered illegitimate by the Jews. It was his grandmother, Lois, who first
became Christian. Timothy was a convert of Paul around the year 47 and later
joined him in his apostolic work. He was with Paul at the founding of the
Church in Corinth. During the 15 years he worked with Paul, he became one of
his most faithful and trusted friends. He was sent on difficult missions by
Paul-often in the face of great disturbance in local Churches which Paul had
founded. Timothy was with Paul in Rome during the latter's house arrest. At
some period Timothy himself was in prison (Hebrews 13:23). Paul installed
him as his representative at the Church of Ephesus.  For more, follow the
link below:

For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love
and self-control. So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of
me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the Gospel
with the strength that comes from God. ~2 Timothy 1:1-8

But he said to them in reply, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" And
looking around at those seated in the circle he said, "Here are my mother
and my brothers. For whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister
and mother." ~Mark 3:31-35

Our faith is meant to move us beyond timidness to power, love and
self-control. As sisters and brothers of Jesus Himself we are to strive to
walk in his footsteps. We are called to do the will of God.

I pray that I may see Jesus as my brother.  I pray that I may use God's
power to walk in Jesus' footsteps and do his holy will.