<MP>Tuesday, 26 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:02:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Joseph Calasanz (1556-1648)
From Aragon, where he was born in 1556, to Rome, where he died 92 years
later, fortune alternately smiled and frowned on the work of Joseph
Calasanz. A priest with university training in canon law and theology,
respected for his wisdom and administrative expertise, he put aside his
career because he was deeply concerned with the need for education of poor
children.  For more, follow the link below:

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us and
given us everlasting encouragement and good hope through his grace,
encourage your hearts and strengthen them in every good deed and word. ~2
Thessalonians 2:1-3a, 14-17

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You cleanse the outside
of cup and dish, but inside they are full of plunder and self-indulgence.
Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup, so that the outside
also may be clean."  ~Matthew 23:23-26

We need to maintain a strong connection with the God who made us and who
yearns for oneness with us. God can strengthen us to do good. We must avoid
acting like scribes and Pharisees, just looking good on the outside, but
full of plunder and self-indulgence inside. With God all things are
possible.  May he use us to do follow His call to do good in the world we
live in.

I pray that I may be good and clean inside and out.  I pray that I may stay
close to God and use His strength to help me follow His call to do good.