<MP>Tuesday, 25 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:47:33 -0500

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Many seem to enjoy the new format.  Some say that they like to
attend Daily Mass, but cannot always do so.  Morning Prayer keeps them in
touch with the daily Scriptures and Saint of the day. Not all priests preach
on all weekdays. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete
way to apply Scriptures to our lives. Clergy too, appreciate the simple
ideas found in both Morning Prayer and This Weekend.  Family members and
friends can learn more by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

King Darius issued an order to the officials of West-of-Euphrates:  "Let the
governor and the elders of the Jews continue the work on that house of God;
they are to rebuild it on its former site." "Ezra 6:7-3, 12b, 14-20

Jesus said, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God
and act on it."  Luke 8:19-21

We have a minor Saint today, St. Elzear (1286-1323) along with Blessed
Delphina (1283-1358)
This is the only Franciscan couple to be canonized or beatified formally.
Both joined the Secular Franciscans and dedicated themselves to the corporal
works of mercy.

They completed the temple of God and ate the Passover. How fortunate we are
to have beautiful Churches to honor God.  How fortunate we are when we come
to understand that we are the real Church, the Body of Christ here on Earth.
How fortunate we are when we establish close relationships within our
Parishes. As Jesus says, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the
word of God and act on it."

I pray that I may see myself as part of the Body of Christ. I pray that I
can hear the word of God and act on it.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Barb requests prayers for her son to stabilize and get a job and her
daughter to be able to control her eating disorder. Debbie request prayers
for a dear friend who's son and daughter in law who lost their baby. Another
member asks for prayers and a miracle for her daughter who is very confused
in her life and is tolerating domestic abuse "for the sake of her children."

Judy asks prayers for a special intention. A grandmother asks prayers for
her granddaughter who needs counseling. Marilyn asks prayers that her
son-in-law may find suitable employment in the very near future. Nancy from
PA requests prayers for a very good friend that doctors may find the source
of her hemorrhaging and resolve it.

Melva requests prayers for a young man who committed suicide and for his
mother and all his family and friends. Clare asks for prayers to battle her
ongoing depression and nerve pain. Karl asks prayers for his daughter, who
is being checked for cancer.

Frieda asks prayers for her son's special intention. Barb requests prayers
for a special intention for her husband if it be God's will. A member asks
prayers for her husband's speedy healing from his surgery last week, and for
her son to balance his school work and his work to be able to do well in
school, and also continue to make a living to support himself while in
school.

Frank asks for prayers for healing of a friend's wife who has breast cancer.
Frank asks for prayers of healing for a priest of his parish who has cancer.
A member requests prayers for her Great Aunty who is suffering from a wound
that refuses to heal.

Juanita asks for prayers for her mother who is recovering from surgery; her
mother is 83 years young. A member kindly asks for prayers that her family
may be successful in selling their deceased mother's house. Joanne asks for
prayers for her husband who has colorectal cancer and is waiting for news
from a surgeon if he can help him.

Julie requests your prayers for success in her job hunt which has been
on-going for some time and has her in a financially-strapped situation.
Kathy asks for prayers for the 16 month old daughter of her friends, who is
battling leukemia. A member requests prayers for a young friend who may have
to cancel his wedding due his fiancé's honesty issues.