<MP>Tuesday, 25 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:54:21 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Columban (543?-615)
Columban was the greatest of the Irish missionaries who worked on the
European continent. As a young man he was greatly tormented by temptations
of the flesh, and sought the advice of a religious woman who had lived a
hermit's life for years. He saw in her answer a call to leave the world. He
went first to a monk on an island in Lough Erne, then to the great monastic
seat of learning at Bangor.  For more, follow the link below:

The Lord comes to judge the earth. ~Psalm 96

"Teacher, when will this happen? And what sign will there be when all these
things are about to happen?" He answered,
"See that you not be deceived, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am
he,' and 'The time has come.' Do not follow them! When you hear of wars and
insurrections, do not be terrified; for such things must happen first, but
it will not immediately be the end."  ~Luke 21:5-11

It is natural for us to think of the end ... the end of our life here on
earth, the end of time. We'd like to know when and how it will happen.  But
we can't. We can live just one day at a time.  We can make peace with those
we have harmed or those who have harmed us.  We can live loving lives. Then
we'll be ready, no matter when the end comes.  And we'll be living with
Christ as our King.  This King can welcome us into the Kingdom of Heaven.
What a glorious day that will be!

I pray that I may be comfortable not knowing when and how my physical life
... or life on earth will end.  I pray that I may live each day as if it
were my last.