<MP>Tuesday, 25 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:36:27 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21
November 2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The
brochure is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

He testified with many other arguments, and was exhorting them, ?Save
yourselves from this corrupt generation.? Those who accepted his message
were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day. ~
Acts 2:36-41

Mary went and announced to the disciples, ?I have seen the Lord,? and then
reported what he had told her.  ~ John 20:11-18

It took Mary Magdalene and Jesus disciples a long time to understand the
fullness of what the resurrection is all about. The Romans believe they
have taken care of the problem by crucifying Jesus.  But they find out
just the opposite, as the power of the resurrection is unleashd.  As Peter
preaches to the people, "Those who accepted his message were baptized, and
about three thousand persons were added that day!"

I pray that I may see Easter as the beginning rather than an ending.  I
pray that I may allow the power of the resurrection to transform my life
that others, by my example, may come to believe as well!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!