<MP>Tuesday, 25 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:31:43 -0600

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
Visit my Christmas page for new desktop wallpaper, our Christmas card to
you, a photo of Father Pat and his sister in Santa's lap, lots of Christmas
links and much more.  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Christmas Day
On this day the Church focuses especially on the newborn Child, God become
human, who embodies for us all the hope and peace we seek. We need no other
special saint today to lead us to Christ in the manger, although his mother
Mary and Joseph, caring for his foster-Son, help round out the scene. For
more, click the link below:

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who
dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone.  ~Isaiah 9:1-6

"For today in the city of David a savior has been born for you who is Christ
and Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find an infant wrapped
in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was a
multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying:
"Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom his favor
rests." ~Luke 2:1-14

Today is born our Savior, Christ the Lord.  God is with us in all of our
trials, difficulties, disappointments and fears.  We are told not to be
afraid.  We can allow God to be with us, for Jesus to be born in our very
hearts.  We are no longer alone!

I pray that I may allow Jesus to be born in my heart.  I pray that I may
know that I am not alone, and that I may not be afraid because God is with
me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Betty asks prayers for her son who is in the middle of difficult divorce
proceedings. Sheila asks prayers for her son and his family who are moving,
that they will secure an apartment, that the move will go safely and they
can begin again. A mother requests prayers for her son to accept Jesus into
his life, and believe and trust in Him and know that He is the only way.
Johanna asks prayers that her son may stop abusing drugs and find his with,
with God's help, to peace and happiness in good health.