<MP>Tuesday, 24 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:24:04 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

D R A I N S    O U T
I continue to recover from surgery.  Today the two drains came out.  All
the stitches are self-absorbing, so I shouldn't need to see the Doctor
again until the week before Christmas.  So, continue to pray for me and to
be assure of my prayers for you as well!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I
Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for
a complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow
the link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Andrew Dung-Lac and Companions
St. Andrew was one of 117 people martyred in Vietnam between 1820 and
1862. Members of this group were beatified on four different occasions
between 1900 and 1951. Now all have been canonized by Pope John Paul II.
Christianity came to Vietnam (then three separate kingdoms) through the
Portuguese. Jesuits opened the first permanent mission at Da Nang in 1615.
They ministered to Japanese Catholics who had been driven from Japan.
The king of one of the kingdoms banned all foreign missionaries and tried
to make all Vietnamese deny their faith by trampling on a crucifix. Like
the priest-holes in Ireland during English persecution, many hiding places
were offered in homes of the faithful.  For more, follow the link below:

While some people were speaking about how the temple was adorned with
costly stones and votive offerings, Jesus said, ?All that you see here?
the days will come when there will not be left a stone upon another stone
that will not be thrown down.?  ~Luke 21:5-11

The Church year is coming to an end. In our Gospel, the world is coming to
the end as well. So, what do we need to do to be prepared.  Now is a good
time to do it ... and then to stay ready every day of our lives!

I pray that I may get ready for the end.  I pray that I may live according
to my caling ... staying ready!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!