<MP>Tuesday, 24 July 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:18:01 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    I
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007

EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, 27 JULY
SIGN UP NOW AND SAVE $100!
ALL BUT TWO OR THREE OF THE REMAINING AIR SEATS NEED TO BE
RETURNED TO THE AIRLINE ON 4 AUGUST!

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1826.

A C C O M O D A T I O N S    A N D    F O O D
We always stay in at least 4-Star Hotels.  All breakfasts and dinners are
included in the tour price.  And all breakfasts have hot entries as well.
They are typically large buffets with fresh fruits and juices, pastries,
breads, cheeses and cold meats, and generally egg dishes, hot breakfast
meats, sometimes omelets and pancakes as well.  It will depend on the
hotels, but breakfasts are always very good and filling.
We'll stay at only two Hotels this time, the Grand Court in Jerusalem (near
the old City) http://www.grandcourt.co.il/

and the Gai Beach Spa Hotel in Tiberias
http://www.gaibeachhotel.com,
right on the Sea of Galilee.  It's beautiful!  Links to the Hotel Web Sites
are found on my Web Site.  Just follow the "Holy Land 2007" link from:
www.frpat.com.

W H Y    I S    T H E    P R I C E    S O    L  O W ?

Another priest from our Diocese is leading a similar trip.  It costs $1000
more than ours.  Pentecost Tours does not quote a price until they negotiate
with hotels and airlines.  It's easy to quote a high price, knowing that a
company can do it for that.  It's much harder to be accurate.  This year we
negotiated in dollars, so the devaluation of the dollar as compared to the
Euro wont create a problem and an extra charge.  The price of accommodations
is locked in - in dollars. If you'd like to read comments from travelers on
former trips, just click here:
       http://frpat.com/pilgrims_comments.htm

Q U E S T I O N S ?

If you have questions that can be answered by Pentecost Tours, just call
them at:
   1 800 713-9800

If you have questions I can answer, e-mail me at frpat@xxxxxxxxxx
My personal cell phone number is: 608 769-4200

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com
If you think you may be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can
keep track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.  Humble yourselves before
the Lord, and he will exalt you."  ~James 4:8, 10

We can stay as close as we can to God.  We can try to think, act and live as
though we were always in God's presence.  Keeping close to God is the
solution to most of the world's problems.  We can try to practice the
presence of God in the things we think and do.  That is the secret of our
personal power.  It is the thing which can influence the lives of others for
the good.  We can abide in the Lord and rejoice in God's love.  We can keep
close to God, and keep God close behind our thoughts.

I pray that I may keep close to God.  I pray that I may live with God in my
heart and mind.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site