<MP>Tuesday, 23 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:12:21 -0500

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John of Capistrano (1386-1456)
He was born in 1386, received a great education and was made governor of
Perugia at age 26. At the age of 30 he entered the Franciscan novitiate and
was ordained a priest four years later. His preaching attracted many and he
worked to strengthen Christian life, the Franciscan Order and to refute
heresy.  He preached a Crusade for the defense of Europe died of a
battlefield infection in Austria after leading a victorious army to
Belgrade.

"Just as through one transgression condemnation came upon all, so, through
one righteous act acquittal and life came to all."  ~ Romans 12, 15b, 17-19,
20b-21

"Blessed are those servants whom the master finds vigilant on his arrival."
~ Luke 12:35-38

We can easily fall to the temptation to sin.  We can become mired in our sin
as well, and forget that God offers forgiveness and grace.  We can turn away
from our sin and back to God. We can be ready for the Lord when he comes
again in His glory!

I pray that I may never forget that God's grace and forgiveness are stronger
than any darkness and sin.  I pray that I may seek and receive the
forgiveness I need to be ready when the Lord comes again.