<MP>Tuesday, 23 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:42:31 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We ran out of Air Tickets from LA CROSSE.  Gary, of Pentecost Tours, and I
decided to try to procure more La Crosse tickets, expecting that there would
be an additional cost of $350-$500. We hit a lucky moment, and were able to
get TEN ADDITIONAL LA CROSSE TICKETS AT THE SAME PRICE.
THERE ARE NOW 31 REGISTERED PILGRIMS. OUR LIMIT IS 50.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Turibius of Mogrovejo (1538-1606)
Together with Rose of Lima, Turibius is the first known saint of the New
World, serving the Lord in Peru, South America, for 26 years. Born in Spain
and educated for the law, he became so brilliant a scholar that he was made
professor of law at the University of Salamanca and eventually became chief
judge of the Inquisition at Granada. He succeeded too well. But he was not
sharp enough a lawyer to prevent a surprising sequence of events.

When the archdiocese of Lima in Peru required a new leader, Turibius was
chosen to fill the post: He was the one person with the strength of
character and holiness of spirit to heal the scandals that had infected that
area.

So Moses prayed for the people, and the LORD said to Moses, "Make a saraph
and mount it on a pole, and whoever looks at it after being bitten will
live." ~Numbers 21:4-9

So Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will
realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own,
but I say only what the Father taught me. ~John 8:21-30

The saraph in our First reading and Jesus hanging on the cross help us
remember our weakness and sinfulness. We remember too, God's love for us in
giving us His Son who died on that cross for us.  During this Holy Season of
Lent may we be grateful, and may we turn from our sin and back to the Lord
with all our hearts.

I pray that I may always remember God's love for me and His promise of
forgiveness.  I pray that I may use the Sacrament of Reconciliation, that I
may turn back to the Lord with all my heart.