<MP>Tuesday, 22 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:08:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Mary Magdalene
Except for the mother of Jesus, few women are more honored in the Bible than
Mary Magdalene. Yet she could well be the patron of the slandered, since
there has been a persistent legend in the Church that she is the unnamed
sinful woman who anointed the feet of Jesus in Luke 7:36-50.  For more,
follow the link below:

Who is there like you, the God who removes guilt and pardons sin for the
remnant of his inheritance; Who does not persist in anger forever, but
delights rather in clemency, And will again have compassion on us, treading
underfoot our guilt?  ~Micah 7:14-15, 18-20

Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord,"
and then reported what he told her. ~20:1-2, 11-18

Mary Magdalene is one of the women who assisted Jesus out of their means.
She stood at the cross of Jesus and was chosen to be one to have the first
awareness of Jesus' resurrection. As we honor her this day we ask God for
the grace to further Jesus' work in the world we live in, that we may bear
witness to His resurrection too, by the way we live our lives.

I pray that I may bear witness to Jesus.  I pray that others may know more
about Jesus because of the way I live my life.