<MP>Tuesday, 22 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:53:48 -0600 (CST)

 .=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
TENTATIVE DATES for the Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010.
Departure cities will be La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Airport in Chicago.  It
looks like a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information will be on the way very soon! Keep this great Pilgrimage
in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Jacopone da Todi (d. 1306)
Jacomo, or James, was born a noble member of the Benedetti family in the
northern Italian city of Todi. He became a successful lawyer and married a
pious, generous lady named Vanna. His young wife took it upon herself to
do penance for the worldly excesses of her husband. One day Vanna, at the
insistence of Jacomo, attended a public tournament. She was sitting in the
stands with the other noble ladies when the stands collapsed. Vanna was
killed. Her shaken husband was even more disturbed when he realized that
the penitential girdle she wore was for his sinfulness. On the spot, he
vowed to radically change his life.  For more, follow the link below:

Hannah, his mother, approached Eli and said: ?Pardon, my lord! As you
live, my lord, I am the woman who stood near you here, praying to the
LORD.
I prayed for this child, and the LORD granted my request. Now I, in turn,
give him to the LORD; as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the
LORD.? She left Samuel there. ~1 Samuel 1:24-28

Mary said: ?My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit
rejoices in God my savior. for he has looked upon his lowly servant. From
this day all generations will call me blessed: the Almighty has done great
things for me, and holy is his Name. ~Luke 1:46-56

In today's Gospel Mary proclaims the greatness of the Lord for chossing
her in her lowlilness to be the Mother of God. She gives witness to us as
well, caring for her cousin Elizabeth although she herself is pregnant.
Mary always said "yes" to God. That is our mission as well.

I pray that I may proclaim the greatness of the Lord by accepting His will
on my behalf.  I pray that I may use God's grace and strength to carry out
His will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!