<MP>Tuesday, 22 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:02:10 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Jesus straightened up and said to her (the woman caught in adultery),
"Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"  She said, "No one, sir."
And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do
not sin again."  ~John 8:10-11

We can make use of our mistakes, failures, losses, and sufferings.  It is
not what happens to us so much as what use we make of it.  We can take our
sufferings, difficulties and hardships and make use of them to help some
unfortunate soul who is faced with the same troubles. Then something good
can come out of our suffering and the world can become a better place
because of it.  The good we do each day can live on, after the trouble and
distress have gone, after the difficulty and the pain have passed away.

I pray that I may make good use of my mistakes and failures.  I pray that
some good may result from my painful experiences.

Bill asks your prayers at the death of his friend.  Carol ask prayers for
her husband who is having neck and spinal cord surgery on Wednesday. Member
Cynthia asks prayers for her mother who is going for her 2nd ultrasound on
her breast, and prays that it is not cancerous. Michael asks for prayers for
his daughter who will be interviewing for a new job.

Barbara asks your prayers for her Husband whose cancer has returned.  Gina
asks prayers as she has surgery and chemotherapy. Carol ask prayers for her
teenage son who is mixing with wrong company and living in a dangerous
manner. Marilyn asks prayers for a friends custody fight.

Rosemary asks prayers for a 14-month-old girl who died on 18 August and her
Aunt who left to serve in Iraq on 20 August. A grandmother asks for special
prayers for her granddaughter who just turned sixteen and has a boyfriend
that she remain a modest and pure teenager with no premarital sex. Eve and
her husband ask prayers as they strive to conceive a child.