<MP>Tuesday, 21 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:22:27 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   SEATS HAVE BEEN TICKETED.  Call Pentecost
      Tours for availability:  800 713-9800
   10-22 November 2008
   Brochure: www.frpat.com

St. Hilarion (c. 291-371)
Despite his best efforts to live in prayer and solitude, today's saint found
it difficult to achieve his deepest desire. People were naturally drawn to
Hilarion as a source of spiritual wisdom and peace. He had reached such fame
by the time of his death that his body had to be secretly removed so that a
shrine would not be built in his honor. Instead, he was buried in his home
village.   For more, follow the link below:

So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow
citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God, built upon
the foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as
the capstone. ~Ephesians 2:12-22

Jesus said to his disciples: "Gird your loins and light your lamps and be
like servants who await their master's return from a wedding, ready to open
immediately when he comes and knocks. ~Luke 12:35-38

There is to be no division among us.  What power there is when we work
together to do good. We are called to busy ourselves in building up the Body
of Christ in the world we live in.  Then we await the coming of the fullness
of the Kingdom when Jesus comes again in His glory.

I pray that I may work always for unity and not for division.  I pray that I
may join with others to do good and busy myself with building up the Body of
Christ in this world!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Susan requests prayers for three people, all of whom are undergoing tests
for cancer that God will guide them through this time of uncertainty and
that their diagnoses will be favorable. A member asks prayers for the family
of a vibrant, young, Christian man, a husband/father/son/ brother/friend who
died tragically. Jim asks prayers for a special intention.

George asks prayers for his wife who is currently suffering from a bout of
depression. David ask for prayers of recovery for someone who is
hospitalized in ICU to treat a blood aneurysm. Charles ask prayers as he
recovers from a car accident. Mindy asks for prayers for a friend who lost
her two year old nephew.

Melinda asks for prayers this week as her two-year old daughter is having a
second set of tubes put in her ears, and her adenoids removed. PJ requests
prayers for someone who has been diagnosed with a cancer with a grim outlook
and for her husband. Marilyn asks prayers for several special intentions.