<MP>Tuesday, 21 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:25:05 -0600

T H A N K S G I V I N G    P A G E

Be sure to visit our Thanksgiving Page.  You'll find our Thanksgiving Day
card to you, along with:

   *Thanksgiving Stories by Garrison Keillor and Louisa Mae Alcott
   * The History and Myths of Thanksgiving
   *Lots of Thanksgiving Recipes, including some from my Cook Book!
   *Thanksgiving coloring sheets, games, graphics, songs and much more.
   *The Thanksgiving Proclamation
   *Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes!
   *Thanksgiving Paper Chains
   *Send a Thanksgiving Card

Use the easy online referral system to recommend this special page to family
members and friends!

Just follow the banner link from:

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were
called in the one body. And be thankful."  ~Colossians 3:15

We can be at home and comfortable in the world.  Yet some of us live lives
of quiet desperation.  This is the opposite of being at home and at peace in
the world.  We can let our peace of mind be evident to those around us.  We
can let others see that we are comfortable, and seeing it, know that it
springs from our trust in God.  The dull, hard way of resignation is not
God's way.  Faith can take the sting out of the winds of adversity and can
bring peace even in the midst of struggle.

I pray that I may be more comfortable in my way of living.  I pray that I
may feel more at home and at peace within myself.

Ron asks for prayers for his son who is being deployed to Iraq on Nov. 24th,
to keep him safe. Carol asks prayers that someone's lung MRI be negative.
Sharon asks prayers for a special intention. Fr. Pat asks prayers for the
repose of the soul of a wonderful senior priest of his Diocese who died this
morning.

Sharon requests prayers for someone who has been diagnosed with two kinds of
cancer, that she will be healed. Richard asks prayers for the soul of his
mother-in-law who would have been 65 on November 16th. Mary asks prayers for
her cousin, who is pregnant, her husband and their families because the baby
is very ill.

A mother asks prayers for her son that he may finally be settled in a good
job. Linda requests prayers for a Deacon & his wife, who's pastor suddenly
died and the new administrator is not deacon friendly. Mary asks prayers for
her sister who has severe respiratory problems.

Joanne asks prayers for her sister and brother-in-law while they await word
about his heart transplant. A Mom asks prayers for her son in crisis and at
a crossroads that he healed and led by the Holy Spirit. Joanna asks for
prayers to have willingness to hand over her powerlessness to addiction to
the Lord.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm