<MP>Tuesday, 20 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:54:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin (1888-1922)
If anyone knew rejection, ridicule and disappointment, it was today's saint.
But such trials only brought Maria Bertilla Boscardin closer to God and more
determined to serve him. Born in Italy in 1888, the young girl lived in fear
of her father, a violent man prone to jealousy and drunkenness. Her
schooling was limited so that she could spend more time helping at home and
working in the fields. She showed few talents and was often the butt of
jokes.   For more, follow the link below:

In conclusion, just as through one transgression condemnation came upon all,
so, through one righteous act acquittal and life came to all. ~Romans 5:12,
15b, 17-19, 20b-21

Blessed are those servants whom the master finds vigilant on his arrival.
Amen, I say to you, he will gird himself,
have them recline at table, and proceed to wait on them. And should he come
in the second or third watch and find them prepared in this way, blessed are
those servants." ~Luke 12:35-38

Be Ready!  God calls us to get ready and to stay that way. We never know how
long our lives will last, or when Jesus will come again in His glory.  It's
best for us to get ready and to live that way always.

I pray that I may always be ready for the Lord ... no matter when He comes.