<MP>Tuesday, 19 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:39:57 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Fabian (c. 250)
Fabian was a Roman layman who came into the city from his farm one day as
clergy and people were preparing to elect a new pope. Eusebius, a Church
historian, says a dove flew in and settled on the head of Fabian. This
sign united the votes of clergy and laity and he was chosen unanimously.
He led the Church for 14 years and died a martyr?s death during the
persecution of Decius in a.d. 250. St. Cyprian wrote to his successor that
Fabian was an ?incomparable? man whose glory in death matched the holiness
and purity of his life. In the catacombs of St. Callistus, the stone that
covered Fabian?s grave may still be seen, broken into four pieces, bearing
the Greek words, ?Fabian, bishop, martyr.?

The LORD said, ?There?anoint him, for this is he!?  Then Samuel, with the
horn of oil in hand, anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and from
that day on, the Spirit of the LORD rushed upon David. When Samuel took
his leave, he went to Ramah. 1 Samuel 16:1-13

Then he said to them, ?The sabbath was made for man, not man for the
sabbath. That is why the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath.?  ~Mark
2:23-28

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

David, the most unlikely one, was chosen to be anointed. God's ways are
not our ways. We live in the world God has made, not fully understanding
it. We can seek the Lord's way and ask His gidance.

I pray that I may be comfortable not fully understanding God and His ways.
 I pray for the courage to ask to know His will, and the power to carry it
out.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

(c)MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger