<MP>Tuesday, 19 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:51:28 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Conrad of Piacenza (1290-1350)
Born of a noble family in northern Italy, Conrad as a young man married
Euphrosyne, daughter of a nobleman. One day while hunting he ordered
attendants to set fire to some brush in order to flush out the game. The
fire spread to nearby fields and to a large forest. Conrad fled. An innocent
peasant was imprisoned, tortured to confess and condemned to death. Conrad
confessed his guilt, saved the man's life and paid for the damaged property.

Come now, let us set things right, says the LORD: Though your sins be like
scarlet, they may become white as snow; Though they be crimson red, they may
become white as wool.  ~ Isaiah 1:10, 16-20

The greatest among you must be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be
humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted." ~ Matthew 23:1-12

When we are self-centered we begin to believe we are the most important
person around. Our sins begin to build up as we don't noticed the needs of
others because we are so involved in getting what we want.  During Lent we
can remember that though our sins be like scarlet, they may become white as
snow.  And then we come to see that the greatest among us is the servant,
and that it is when we humble himself that we will be exalted.

I pray that I may turn away from the sins caused by my self-centeredness.  I
pray that I may notice and meet the simplest needs of those around me.  I
pray that I find the satisfaction that comes when I live as a servant.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dorothy asks prayers for her husband who is having a hard time with his
Chemotherapy treatments. Dianne requests prayers for her sister who is
having a hard time coping with her husband's suicide. Luvina requests
prayers for each member of her family and herself for individual needs in
each life already known to God. Jerry asks prayers for a friend who will
have breast cancer surgery.

Brian requests prayer for a man who is struggling with sex addiction, which
leads him to shoot heroin and to alcoholism, that he be saved by God's grace
and return to the AA Program.