<MP>Tuesday, 19 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:47:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only TWELVE seats remain.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   *** All but FOUR seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. John Eudes (1601-1680)
How little we know where God's grace will lead. Born on a farm in northern
France, John died at 79 in the next "county" or department. In that time he
was a religious, a parish missionary, founder of two religious communities
and a great promoter of the devotion to the Sacred Heart and the Immaculate
Heart of Mary.
He joined the religious community of the Oratorians and was ordained a
priest at 24. During severe plagues in 1627 and 1631, he volunteered to care
for the stricken in his own diocese. Lest he infect his fellow religious, he
lived in a huge cask in the middle of a field during the plague. For more,
follow the link below:

Thus says the Lord GOD: Because you are haughty of heart, you say, "A god am
I! I occupy a godly throne in the heart of the sea!"- And yet you are a man,
and not a god, however you may think yourself like a god. ~Ezekiel 28:1-10

And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or
mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred
times more, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be
last, and the last will be first." ~Matthew 19:23-30

It is not good for us to be "haughty of heart," thinking that we can
accomplish things under our own steam. It is better for us to realize that
we cannot accomplish anything worthwhile without God, and that God can do
for us what we could never do for ourselves. When we forget ourselves and
begin to take a lower place, that is when we will end up first. Our
possessions do not possess us.  We use our resources to do God's work and
God's will. We will inherit eternal life through the death and resurrection
of our Lord Jesus Christ who gave all He had for us.

I pray that I may always realize that I cannot accomplish anything
worthwhile without God.  I pray that I may forget my own self-importance and
serve the needs of others, not worrying about what I will receive.  I can
have confidence that God will take care of me in wonderful ways, and that I
will inherit eternal life.