<MP>Tuesday, 18 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:30:16 -0500 (CDT)

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

R E T U R N I N G    O N    T U E S D A Y

I continue to recover from Tuesday's surgery and will return to Onalaska
 Tuesday evening.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Tuesday of the Twnety-Fourth Week in Ordinary Time, Year C.

Jesus visits Nain and encounters a widow whose only sn had died and was
being carried out. H=is heart was moved with pity.  He said, "Young man, I
tell you, arise!"

~Luke, Chapter 7:11-17

Jesus heart is moved with pity so many times.  In today's Gospel he raises
the son of a widowed mother in Nain. He knows the plight of a childless
widow in his culture and does all he can to help.  We can feel alone as we
face the difficulties and losses in our own lives.  We can be comforted,
knowing the Lord's compassion for us.  We are never alone!

I pray that I may know that God is with me in the difficulties and losses
in my life.  I pray that I may trust in the Lord's compassionate presence
with me, lifting me up and helping me.  I pray that I can be an instrument
of the Lord's compassion to those around me who need my help.