<MP>Tuesday, 18 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:23:31 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. John I (d. 526)
Pope John I inherited the Arian heresy, which denied the divinity of Christ.
Italy had been ruled for 30 years by an emperor who espoused the heresy,
though he treated the empire's Catholics with toleration. His policy changed
at about the time the young John was elected pope. When the eastern emperor
began imposing severe measures on the Arians of his area, the western
emperor forced John to head a delegation to the East to soften the measures
against the heretics. Little is known of the manner or outcome of the
negotiations-designed to secure continued toleration of Catholics in the
West. When John returned to Rome, he found that the emperor had begun to
suspect his friendship with his eastern rival.

For more, follow this link:

Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my course
and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness to the
Gospel of God's grace. ~Acts 20:17-27

I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given
me, because they are yours, and everything of mine is yours and everything
of yours is mine, and I have been glorified in them. And now I will no
longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am coming to
you." ~John 17:1-11a

Jesus returns to the Father praying for those who have been given Him, those
who will remain in the world to do His work. Paul, in our First Reading,
prayers that he may finish his course and the ministries he has received
from the Lord Jesus.

I pray that I may take my place as one of Jesus' disciples.  I pray that I
may continue his important work in the world I live in!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dorothy requests prayers that God will Bless Father Pat abundantly with good
health, happiness and safety for all the good he has done in bringing so
many closer to Our Lord Jesus Christ during his 30 years of priesthood.
Danielle asks prayer for a dear friends brother who has colon cancer that
has spread to his liver. Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention.

Tammy asks prayers for a special intention. Linda asks for prayers for a
friend who has had a stroke, that she regain use of her left arm and leg. A
member asks prayers for a speedy remediation of their oil tank leak which
can be lengthy & expensive. A believer requests prayers for herself, her
husband, and their marriage, as they struggle to blend their family and to
become ONE in the way that HE intends.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse