<MP>Tuesday, 18 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:01:50 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F R .   P A T    H A S    T H E    F L U
Father Pat has the flu. For that reason prayer intentions will not be
include with Morning Prayer until he is feeling better.

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21
November 2008. $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The
brochure is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  Available in English and Spanish.
 Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit all my Lenten pages.  There are many resources, including resources
for Reconciliation (Confession), a great Examination of Conscience, and even
a "printable" Credit Card to Heaven that contains all the words you'll need
for Confession except the sins.  So, even if you haven't been to Confession
for 92 years, this can be the year for your!  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

Saints are not commemorated during Holy Week.   But follow the link for
the saint who would usually be celebrated on this day:

The LORD called me from birth, from my mother?s womb he gave me my name.
He made of me a sharp-edged swordand concealed me in the shadow of his arm.
He made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me. You are my servant,
he said to me,Israel, through whom I show my glory. ~ Isaiah 49:1-6

Peter said to him, ?Master, why can I not follow you now?  I will lay down
my life for you.? Jesus answered, ?Will you lay down your life for me?
Amen, amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow before you deny me three
times.? ~ John 13:21-33

God has great plans for us. He gave us all we need in order for us to do
wonderful things in His name.  Still ... like Judas and like Peter, we can
so easily fall.  We can allow our weaknesses to overwhelm us. Let us stay
close to the Lord this Holy Week that we may live holy and faithful lives.

I pray that I may walk with Jesus in His footsteps this week, and live a
holy and faithful life.  I pray that I always remember that God's
forgiveness is available to me whenever aI allow my weakness to overwhelm
me and fall to sin.