<MP>Tuesday, 17 October 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:19:04 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

A T   F A L L    C L E R G Y    C O N F E R E N C E

I'm at our Diocesan Fall Clergy Conference in Wisconsin Rapids.  I'll return
late on Tuesday, 17 October.  Morning Prayer for Monday and Tuesday is sent
out in advance for that reason.  Keep us in your prayers as we gather with
our Bishop.  You'll be in my prayers as well!

"As for me, I will look to the LORD, I will wait for the God of my
salvation; my God will hear me."  ~Micah 7:7

Today we can look toward God rather than at ourselves.  We can look away
from unpleasant surroundings, from lack of beauty, from imperfections in
ourselves and in those around us.  In our unrest, we can behold God's
calmness; in our impatience, God's patience; in our limitations, God's
perfection. When we look toward God, our spirits can begin to grow. Then
others can see something in us that they also want.  As we grow in the
spiritual life, we can be enabled to do many things that seemed too hard for
us before.

I pray that I may keep my eyes trained above the horizon of myself.  I pray
that I may see unlimited possibilities for spiritual growth.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm