<MP>Tuesday, 16 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:07:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Cornelius (d. 253)
There was no pope for 14 months after the martyrdom of St. Fabian because of
the intensity of the persecution of the Church. During the interval, the
Church was governed by a college of priests. St. Cyprian, a friend of
Cornelius, writes that Cornelius was elected pope "by the judgment of God
and of Christ, by the testimony of most of the clergy, by the vote of the
people, with the consent of aged priests and of good men."  For more, follow
the link below:

Brothers and sisters: As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the
parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ. ~1 Corinthians
12:12-14, 27-31a

When the Lord saw her, he was moved with pity for her and said to her, "Do
not weep." He stepped forward and touched the coffin; at this the bearers
halted, and he said, "Young man, I tell you, arise!" The dead man sat up and
began to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother.  ~Luke 7:11-17

"As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body,
though many, are one body, so also Christ." Christ calls us into oneness
with one another and with Himself. We need to strive for unity through our
allegiance to the Holy Father and our Bishops. The Holy Spirit continues to
be active in our Church, leading us in the way Christ would have us go. May
we have the courage to follow that way.

I pray that I may have the courage to follow Christ's call.  I pray for the
willingness to be guided by the Holy Spirit through our Holy Father Benedict
XVI and our bishops.