<MP>Tuesday, 16 February 2010J

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:18:11 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If you're
interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

St. Gilbert of Sempringham (c. 1083-1189)
Gilbert was born in Sempringham, England, into a wealthy family, but he
followed a path quite different from that expected of him as the son of a
Norman knight. Sent to France for his higher education, he decided to pursue
seminary studies.
He returned to England not yet ordained a priest, and inherited several
estates from his father. But Gilbert avoided the easy life he could have led
under the circumstances. Instead he lived a simple life at a parish, sharing
as much as possible with the poor. Following his ordination to the
priesthood he served as parish priest at Sempringham.

Blessed is he who perseveres in temptation, for when he has been proven he
will receive the crown of life that he promised to those who love him.
~James 1:12-18

And do you not remember, when I broke the five loaves for the five thousand,
how many wicker baskets full of fragments you picked up?" They answered him,
"Twelve." "When I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many
full baskets of fragments did you pick up?" They answered him, "Seven."  He
said to them, "Do you still not understand?" ~Matthew 8:14-21

God sees the greater picture in every day. He knows when we persevere in
temptation and gives us the crown of life. He must be frustrated when we
don't understand things that seem so simple. We shouldn't short-change
ourselves.  Even when we don't think we have enough, all we need to do is
share the little we think we have.  And there will be more left over than
when we began.

I pray that I may persevere in temptation.  I pray that I may give of myself
even if I don't believe I have enough to give.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.