<MP>Tuesday, 16 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:47:02 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

F R O M    M A Y O    C L I N I C
I returned to the clinic this morning and received one infusion less this
time.  They thought they had pinpointed the kind of infection … but called
about 7:15 tonight to say they’d found another kind of bacteria as well.
So I’ll go back for treatment tomorrow. There’s much more at my Blog.
Just follow this link: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Blessed Honoratus Kozminski  (1825-1916)
He was born in Biala Podlaska (Siedlce, Poland) and studied architecture
at the School of Fine Arts in Warsaw. When Wenceslaus was almost sixteen,
his father died. Suspected of participating in a rebellious conspiracy,
the young man was imprisoned from April 1846 until the following March. In
1848 he received the Capuchin habit and a new name. Four years later he
was ordained. In 1855 he helped Blessed Mary Angela Truszkowska establish
the Felician Sisters. For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

On that day You need not be ashamed of all your deeds, your rebellious
actions against me; For then will I remove from your midst the proud
braggarts, And you shall no longer exalt yourself on my holy mountain. But
I will leave as a remnant in your midst a people humble and lowly, Who
shall take  refuge in the name of the LORD: the remnant of Israel.
~Zephaniah 3:1-2, 9-13

Jesus said to them, “Amen, I say to you, tax collectors and prostitutes
are entering the Kingdom of God before you. ~Matthew 21:28-32

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Sometimes we defeat God’s will to forgive us, when we refuse to accept His
forgiveness and refuse to forgive ourselves. Our Scriptures today make it
as clear as the nose on our face (most of us have clear noses, for better
or worse). “You need not be ashamed of all your deeds, your rebellious
actions against me.” And in our Gospel the son who said he would not go to
the vineyard but had a change of heart undoubtedly fulfilled the father’s
will more than the one who said “Yes sir,” but never went. We can trust in
God’s unbelievable forgiveness – and believe!

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may not frustrate God’s plan to forgive me and call me to
himself by exalting myself with claims that “nobody could forgive me,” or
“my sins are too big.”  I pray that I may be overwhelmed by the
unbelievable love and forgiveness God offers me through the death and
resurrection of His Son Jesus.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10