<MP>Tuesday, 15 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:14:42 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Our Lady of Sorrows
For a while there were two feasts in honor of the Sorrowful Mother: one
going back to the 15th century, the other to the 17th century. For a while
both were celebrated by the universal Church: one on the Friday before Palm
Sunday, the other in September. The principal biblical references to Mary's
sorrows are in Luke 2:35 and John 19:26-27. The Lucan passage is Simeon's
prediction about a sword piercing Mary's soul; the Johannine passage relates
Jesus' words to Mary and to the beloved disciple.   For more, follow the
link below:

I will walk with blameless heart. ~Psalm 101

When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved he said to
his mother, "Woman, behold, your son." Then he said to the disciple,
"Behold, your mother." And from that hour the disciple took her into his
home. ~John 19:25-27

On the Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows we remember Mary's faithfulness, and
the man sorrows she faced. Mary stands faithfully and fearlessly at the
cross as other flee.  Mary is our mother and our confidence, and the mother
of the Church.  We can rely on her protection and intercession as we too
strive to be faithful and fearless in our own lives.

I pray that I may imitate the Blessed Virgin Mary.  I pray that I may face
my difficulties fearlessly and with great faith as she did.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her best friend who has transverse
myelitis that doctors may find the cause of her painful spasms and resolve
them so she can get some relief. Rich asks that the Holy Spirit will come
down and touch his wife, to bring her back to God, Jesus, the church, and
reunite family of 7. Janice asks prayers for a special intention.