<MP>Tuesday, 13 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:00:40 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647-1690)
Margaret Mary was chosen by Christ to arouse the Church to a realization of
the love of God symbolized by the heart of Jesus. Her early years were
marked by sickness and a painful home situation. "The heaviest of my crosses
was that I could do nothing to lighten the cross my mother was suffering."
After considering marriage for some time, Margaret entered the Order of
Visitation nuns at the age of 24.   For more, follow the link below:

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and revered and worshiped the
creature rather than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. ~Romans
1:16-25

The Lord said to him, "Oh you Pharisees! Although you cleanse the outside of
the cup and the dish, inside you are filled with plunder and evil. Luke
11:37-41

How important it is for us to know the difference between truth and a lie.
The truth of God calls us toward him always.  We are not to condemn others,
but seek reconciliation and oneness with God.

I pray that I may be able to ascertain the difference between a lie and the
truth of God, and that I may be able to embrace the truth.  I pray that I
may be close to God always.