<MP>Tuesday, 13 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:53:05 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
We've met our goal of 36 Pilgrims!
We *do* have room for 50.  Save $100 by paying your deposit by 24 June!

We now have 36 Pilgrims who have paid deposits for our October Pilgrimage.
That's our goal.  We've reached it much earlier than ever before!  If you'd
still like to join us, you can.  Our limit though, is 50. Remember, the
early sign-up deadline is 24 June.  The price rises $100 after that date. To
go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit to Pentecost
Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

.=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y:=.

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me
on a level path.  For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life. In your
righteousness bring me out of trouble.  In your steadfast love cut off my
enemies, and destroy all my adversaries, for I am your servant." ~Psalm
143:10-12

When we are honestly trying to live the way we believe Gods wants us to
live, we can get guidance from God in times of quiet communion.  We can
direct our thoughts toward God's will and all good thing.  The attitude of
"Your will be done" leads to clear guidance.  We can act on this guidance
and we can be led to better things.  Our impulses can seem to become less
our own and more the leading of God's spirit acting through our thoughts.
Obeyed, they can bring us the answers to our prayers.

I pray that I may try to think God's thoughts after God.  I pray that my
thoughts maybe guided by God's thoughts.

Father Pat asks prayers for the priests of his Diocese and for his Bishop as
they come together for the last day of Priest Unity Days on Tuesday. A
member asks for prayers for her husband who is having tests at Mayo Clinic.
Member Mike asks prayers for a good prognosis for his friend's son who is
being tested for neuroblastoma this week. Steph asks for prayers for her
uncle who is having surgery for lung cancer, that he will be healed quickly.