<MP>Tuesday, 13 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:40:29 -0600

V A L E N T I N E ' S    D A Y

I found a group of Valentines dating from 1848-1921.  They were sent from
the Blair/Arcadia area.  I scanned them , along with some of the written
messages inside.  Come and see this treasure. The message from one of the
1848 Valentines is included at the bottom of this e-mail.  Visit our Web
Site for our Valentine's Day Page.  I've included some good links, including
the History of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine, and a *wonderful* story ...
"The Beautiful Heart." Use the easy on-line referral form too, to recommend
this page to family members and friends.  Learn more about Devotion to the
Sacred Heart of Jesus as well. Just follow the link from:

      http://frpat.com/

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but
I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I
do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,  I
press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ
Jesus."  ~Philippians 3:12-14

In a race, it is when the goal is in sight that the heart and nerves and
muscles and courage are strained almost to the breaking point.  So with us.
The goal of the spiritual life is in sight.  All we need is the final
effort.  The saddest records are made by people who ran well, with brave,
stout hearts, until the sight of the goal ... and then some weakness or
self-indulgence held them back.  They never knew how near the goal they were
or how near they were to victory.

I pray that I may press on until the goal is reached.  I pray that I may not
give up in the final stretch.

Gaby as for prayers for her ex-husband who passed away last Tuesday, that he
may finally find peace. Lynne asks prayers for her husband who has an
important problem at work that will be addressed on Wednesday. Lynne asks
prayers for her husband who has an important problem at work that will be
addressed on Wednesday.

Bettye asks prayers for her 17 yr. old grandson who is having kidney
problems and also for other intentions. Kathy asks prayers for an uninsured
family whose house burned. Nancy requests prayer for her 93-year-old mother
in hospital because of sudden onset dementia or possible stroke. Anna asks
prayers for several intentions.