<MP>Tuesday, 13 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:14:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Martin I (d. 655)
When Martin I became pope in 649, Constantinople was the capital of the
Byzantine empire and the patriarch of Constantinople was the most
influential Church leader in the eastern Christian world. The struggles that
existed within the Church at that time were magnified by the close
cooperation of emperor and patriarch. A teaching, strongly supported in the
East, held that Christ had no human will. Twice emperors had officially
favored this position, Heraclius by publishing a formula of faith and
Constans II by silencing the issue of one or two wills in Christ.

There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses
would sell them, bring the proceeds of the sale, and put them at the feet of
the Apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need. ~Acts
4:34-37

Jesus said to Nicodemus: "'You must be born from above.' The wind blows
where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know
where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of
the Spirit." ~John 3:7b-15

It was incredible.  People were born from above and filled with the Holy
Spirit. Those who owned property sold it and brought the proceeds and put
them at the feet of the Apostles that it might be distributed to each
according to need. It was a puzzle to people of the time, but they were
attracted to the fervent faith of believers.  And more and more believed in
the Resurrection, were baptized and sought deeper faith.

I pray that I may use the gifts the Holy Spirit has given me, that I might
know that I am born from above.  I pray that I may not think so much about
what I want as meeting the needs of others.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Maria asks for prayers for her mom who has breast cancer and will have
another round of chemotherapy tomorrow. Mike asks prayers for a friend and
her two children who are endanger of losing their home to foreclosure. Don
requests prayers for his family who have physical and mental problems. Irene
asks prayers for a special intention.

Luvina is thankful for her beautiful grandchildren and asks prayers for
their spiritual, physical, emotional and financial issues. Danny & Carol
request prayers for her sister who is being operated on for breast cancer.
Trymore requests prayers for he is looking for a better paying job since his
current contract is about to expire. Leila us asking for prayers for a
friend who has a brain Aneurysm.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.