<MP>Tuesday, 12 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:58:26 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Apollonia (d. 249)
The persecution of Christians began in Alexandria during the reign of the
Emperor Philip. The first victim of the pagan mob was an old man named
Metrius, who was tortured and then stoned to death. The second person who
refused to worship their false idols was a Christian woman named Quinta. Her
words infuriated the mob and she was scourged and stoned.  For more about
St. Apollonia, click the link below:

So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me
void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it. ~Isaiah
55:10-11

"If you forgive men their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive
you. But if you do not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive your
transgressions."  ~ Matthew 6:7-15

Just as snow and rain come down and do not return until they make the earth
fertile and fruitful, so it is with God's word.  As we take it into
ourselves it begins to grow and thrive.  Jesus is the living Word of God
made Flesh. As the Word of God lives in us, we become more and more like
Him.

I pray that I may take God's word into myself and allow it to grow within
me.  I pray that others will come to know God through my actions, prompted
by God's word within me.  I pray that especially, God's word of forgiveness
will become part of me as I forgive others the way I myself would like to be
forgiven.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dorothy asks prayers for her daughter who will be operated on for her wrist.
Brian requests prayer support for a friend who has ovarian cancer, and can
no longer get Chemotherapy. Kathy requests prayers for her friend  who is
battling a rare form of cancer for the second time.

Donna asks for prayers for a friend who has been unemployed almost a year,
that he may soon find a suitable job. Madeline asks prayers for someone who
had emergency open heart surgery after he had a heart attack. Terry asks
prayers for a friend in Texas for a miracle healing of his brain cancer.

Pat asks prayers for daughter who is 5 months pregnant and is seeing a
surgeon to see if surgery is necessary at this fragile time. Jo Ann requests
prayers for special intentions for her son and his family. Dorothy requests
prayers for her friend who had surgery for stage 4 cancer on February 8th.