<MP>Tuesday, 11 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Marge Hickey'" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 21:49:55 -0500

F R .    P A T    R E T U R N S    T O D A Y

Father Pat will be in Boston for medical tests from September 7th-11th.
Morning Prayer will not contain prayer intentions during that time, since it
has already been prepared.  Our Pastoral Minister Margie will Morning Prayer
during that time.

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Prepare your minds for action; discipline yourselves; set all your hope on
the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when he is revealed.  Like
obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires that you formerly had
in ignorance. Instead, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in
all your conduct."  ~1 Peter 1:13-15

God can manifest himself in our lives as strength to overcome evil and power
to resist temptation.  The grace of God is that power which enables a human
being to change from a useless, hopeless individual to a useful normal
person.  God can also manifest himself as love--love for other people,
compassion for their problems, and a real willingness to help them.  The
grace of God also manifests itself as peace of mind and serenity of
character.  We can have plenty of power, love and serenity in our lives if
we are willing to ask God for these things each day.

I pray that I may see God's grace in the strength I receive, the love I
know, and the peace I have.  I pray that I may be grateful for the things I
have received through the grace of God.