<MP>Tuesday, 10 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:56:04 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)
So many holy persons seem to die young. Among them was Dominic Savio, the
patron of choirboys.
Born into a peasant family at Riva, Italy, young Dominic joined St. John
Bosco as a student at the Oratory in Turin at the age of 12. He impressed
John with his desire to be a priest and to help him in his work with
neglected boys. A peacemaker and an organizer, young Dominic founded a group
he called the Company of the Immaculate Conception which, besides being
devotional, aided John Bosco with the boys and with manual work. All the
members save one, Dominic, would in 1859 join John in the beginnings of his
Salesian congregation. By that time, Dominic had been called home to heaven.
For more, follow the link below:

Wash yourselves clean! Put away your misdeeds from before my eyes; cease
doing evil; learn to do good. Make justice your aim: redress the wronged,
hear the orphan's plea, defend the widow. ~Isaiah 1:10, 16-20

Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying, "The scribes and the
Pharisees have taken their seat on the chair of Moses. Therefore, do and
observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not follow their
example. For they preach but they do not practice. ~Matthew 23:1-12

God calls us to true holiness.  It can be easy to give advice and tell
others how they should live their lives.  It's something else to show them
by our own example.  And it's never too late to turn from our sins and back
to God with all our hearts.  We can use the Sacrament of Reconciliation
(Confession) this holy Season to help us get back on track.

I pray that I may not specialize in giving advice to others and telling them
how they should live their lives.  I pray that I may turn back to God with
all my heart, and then lead by my example.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Edyt asks prayers for her husband who is arrested. Stephanie requests
prayers for her brother who is in Intensive Care and is having surgery.
Roseann asks prayers for her nephew who is in physical & emotional pain and
awaiting leg amputation.

Sylvia asks prayers for a special intention. Vicki asks for prayers for her
someone who has multiple sclerosis. Bettye asks prayers for three
intentions.

Carol asks for prayers for parents of 3 month old baby boy who died of brain
cancer. Cherie requests prayers for her father, that his health will be
good. Mark asks prayers for a special intention.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her son who is losing his job the end of
March, near the time his wife is due with their first child, that he may
find a good job and our daughter-in-law has a safe delivery and a healthy,
normal child. Bridget asks prayers for a special intention.

Mary Ellen asks for prayers for her 19 year old son who is trying to
transfer to another college. Mother ask prayers for her son who is addicted
to drugs that he will overcome this addiction. Clare asks prayers for a
special intention.

PJ requests prayers for his brother and sister in law who are expecting
twins, for healthy pregnancy, delivery and babies. Alvina asks prayers for a
special intention. Irene asks prayers for a special intention.

A member asks for prayers for her 42 year old son who died suddenly leaving
behind his family including a 17 year old son. Rosemary asks prayers for a
special intention. Betty asks prayers for special intentions.

Mother asks prayer for reconciliation between two daughters whose harsh
judgment of each other and unforgiving spirit are destroying the entire
family. Pat asks prayers for her daughter who is recovering from pancreatic
cancer surgery. Mariann begs for healing prayers for a friendship that has
been hurt by imprudent behavior.

A member asks prayers for a friend who has cancer. A grandfather asks
prayers for 2 grandchildren in bad health.