<MP>Tuesday, 10 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:36:47 -0500

H A P P Y    E A S T E R
Alleluia!

Happy Easter. Christ is risen from the dead. Alleluia! What good news! And
what a glorious night, as new fire is lit, the Exsultet is sung, new
members, adults and children alike, are Baptized ... and adults are
Confirmed and welcomed into Full Communion with the Catholic Church. Light
indeed overcomes darkness. Life indeed, overcomes death. Let's trust in the
risen Lord as he dwells with and within us.  May we work for a world filled
with justice, and experience the peace that overflows when there is justice.
Happy Easter!  Visit my special Easter Page.  Just follow the links from
www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

This Holy Week you'll hear many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.

And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"The high priest questioned them, saying, 'We gave you strict orders not to
teach in this name, yet here you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching
and you are determined to bring this man's blood on us.' But Peter and the
apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than any human authority." ~Acts
5:27-29

Pride can stand sentinel at the door of the heart and shut out the love of
God.  God dwells with the humble and the obedient.  Obedience to God's will
is the key that unlocks the door.  We cannot obey God to the best of our
ability without in time realizing God's love and responding to that love.
The rough stone steps of obedience can lead up to where the mosaic floor of
love and joy is laid.  Where God's spirit is, there is our home.

I pray that God may make a home in my humble and obedient heart.  I pray
that I may obey God's guidance to the best of my ability.