<MP>Tuesday, 09 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 07:08:36 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P A R I S H    M I S S I O N
Fr. Jim Marchionda, OP - S. Annie Willits, OP, 13-17 March 2010
Join us if you can, for our 2010 Lenten Mission.  It starts with preaching
at this weekend's Masses.  Then there will be presentations at morning
Masses at 8 a.m. Monday and 8:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Evening
sessions are at 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. Fr. Jim is a noted musician,
composer and conductor. Our Mission will feature Fr. Jim's compositions.
The last night will feature music, prayer, and Fr. Jim on jazz clarinet
and saxopone.  There's more information on our Parish Web Site,
www.stpatz.com. Or, become a fan of St. Patz Lenten Mission on Facebook.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Frances of Rome (1384-1440)
Frances?s life combines aspects of secular and religious life. A devoted
and loving wife, she longed for a lifestyle of prayer and service, so she
organized a group of women to minister to the needs of Rome?s poor.
Born of wealthy parents, Frances found herself attracted to the religious
life during her youth. But her parents objected and a young nobleman was
selected to be her husband. As she became acquainted with her new
relatives, Frances soon discovered that the wife of her husband?s brother
also wished to live a life of service and prayer. So the two, Frances and
Vannozza, set out together?with their husbands? blessings?to help the
poor.

And now we follow you with our whole heart, we fear you and we pray to you.
Do not let us be put to shame, but deal with us in your kindness and great
mercy. Deliver us by your wonders, and bring glory to your name, O Lord.
~Daniel 3:25, 34-43

Peter approached Jesus and asked him, ?Lord, if my brother sins against me,
how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?? Jesus answered, ?I
say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times. ~Matthew 18:21-35

We rely on God to always be there to forgive us. The Father's love and
mercy are always available. We need to be merciful and forgiving as well.
Perhaps this is one of the most difficult demands of our faith. Jesus says
you must forgive "not seven times but seventy-seven times."

I pray that I may trust in God's mercy and forgiveness. I pray that I may
be merciful and forgiving to toward those who have harmed me.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.