<MP>Tuesday, 09 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:08:32 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Ephrem (306?-373)
Poet, teacher, orator and defender of the faith, Ephrem is the only Syrian
recognized as a doctor of the Church. He took upon himself the special task
of opposing the many false doctrines rampant at his time, always remaining a
true and forceful defender of the Catholic Church. Born in Nisibis,
Mesopotamia, he was baptized as a young man and became famous as a teacher
in his native city. When the Christian emperor had to cede Nisibis to the
Persians, Ephrem, along with many Christians, fled as a refugee to Edessa.
He is credited with attracting great glory to the biblical school there. He
was ordained a deacon but declined becoming a priest (and was said to have
avoided episcopal consecration by feigning madness!).  For more, follow the
link below:

Brothers and sisters: As God is faithful, our word to you is not "yes" and
"no." For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was proclaimed to you by us,
Silvanus and Timothy and me, was not "yes" and "no," but "yes" has been in
him. ~2 Corinthians 1:18-22

Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good
deeds and glorify your heavenly Father. ~Matthew 5:13-16

God is always available to us, and His answer is "yes!" He calls us to be
faithful too, and available to our sisters and brothers in need.  We are to
add salt and light to the world that others may see our good deeds and
glorify our heavenly Father.

I pray that I may always trust in God's faithfulness.  I pray that I may
live my life according to God's call, that others may see my good deeds and
glorify my heavenly Father.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers for her daughter, that she may renew her faith,
find a good Christian partner and a job that fulfills her. Irene asks
prayers for a special intention. Debbie asks prayers for her friend's
husband who was diagnosed with terminal cancer and only has months to live.

Barbara requests prayers for a family with several needs. Mother begs
healing of baby granddaughter diagnosed from severe eye problems to possible
brain tumor. Ruth asks prayer for herself and her husband. Jeanne asks for
prayers for her dad who passed away June 1 2009.