<MP>Tuesday, 09 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:29:03 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

St. Jerome Emiliani (1481?-1537)
A careless and irreligious soldier for the city-state of Venice, Jerome
was captured in a skirmish at an outpost town and chained in a dungeon. In
prison Jerome had a lot of time to think, and he gradually learned how to
pray. When he escaped, he returned to Venice where he took charge of the
education of his nephews?and began his own studies for the priesthood.
In the years after his ordination, events again called Jerome to a
decision and a new lifestyle. Plague and famine swept northern Italy.
Jerome began caring for the sick and feeding the hungry at his own
expense. While serving the sick and the poor, he soon resolved to devote
himself and his property solely to others, particularly to abandoned
children. He founded three orphanages, a shelter for penitent prostitutes
and a hospital.

Listen to the petitions of your servant and of your people Israel which
they offer in this place. Listen from your heavenly dwelling and grant
pardon. ~1 Kings 8:22-23, 27-30

He responded, ?Well did Isaiah prophesy about you hypocrites, as it is
written: This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far
from me; In vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines human precepts.
You disregard God?s commandment but cling to human tradition.? ~Mark 7:1-13

Our hearts are more important than our lips.  If our hearts are in the
right place our actions are pure and holy. It is easy to *say* that we are
believers, but much more difficult to put our faith into action. But when
we do we build the Kingdom of God and help others to live their faith as
well.

I pray that I my heart may be in the right place.  I  pray that my actions
may help God's Kingdom to grow, and others to find their way into God's
Kingdom as well.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.