<MP>Tuesday, 08 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 20:25:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
The Church has celebrated Mary's birth since at least the sixth century. A
September birth was chosen because the Eastern Church begins its Church year
with September. The September 8 date helped determine the date for the feast
of the Immaculate Conception on December 8 (nine months earlier). Scripture
does not give an account of Mary's birth. However, the apocryphal
Protoevangelium of James fills in the gap. This work has no historical
value, but it does reflect the development of Christian piety. According to
this account, Anna and Joachim are infertile but pray for a child. They
receive the promise of a child that will advance God's plan of salvation for
the world. Such a story (like many biblical counterparts) stresses the
special presence of God in Mary's life from the beginning.   For more,
follow the link below:

Such was his intention when, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him
in a dream and said, ?Joseph, son of David,
do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home. For it is through
the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her. She will bear a
son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from
their sins.?
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet
... ~Matthew 1:1-16, 18-23 or 1:18-23

Today we celebrate the Nativity (birth) of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Her Son,
the Son of God, will advance God's work in the world.  So we can share the
joy of Joachim and Anna, previously barren, but now having a very special
child. We can be thankful for Mary's presence and her intercession as we
strive to walk in the footprints of Jesus, her Son.

I pray that I may celebrate the Joy of this day.  I pray that I may use
Mary's intercession to help me follow God's call and walk in the footsteps
of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rich asked that the good Lord be with his previous priest (retired) who is
having cataract surgery later this week. Rich, faced with divorce, asks
prayers for his wife and himself, and for their children. Deb asks prayers
for a special intention.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for a very close friend who is having a total
knee replacement Sept.8th, that God will guide the hands of the surgeon and
the surgery will be a complete success and her friend has a full recovery,
giving her a greater quality of life. A mother asks prayer for her son who
needs work after recovering from an injury.

Alvina ask for prayers for the court matter to settle soon which is on
9.9.09 against the man who cheated me and made me go to court. Terry asks
prayers for a special intention. Nancy requests healing prayers for her
granddaughter who suffers from repeated ear problems.  A parent asks prayers
that their daughter-in-law & son will conceive & bear their first child.

Amy asks Prayers for several special intentions. Matt requests prayers for
his mom who broke her hip on the same day he had a car accident. A member
asks prayers for herself in dealing with her mother who is very bitter and
resentful toward her family. Mariann asks for prayers and guidance for her
niece and her niece's fiancé as they plan their wedding, so that there will
room for Christ in their married life.