<MP>Tuesday, 08 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 23:06:44 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but
later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been
trained by it.  Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak
knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not
be put out of joint, but rather be healed. Pursue peace with everyone, and
the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."  ~Hebrews 12:11-14

Self-discipline is necessary before we can handle the power God offers us.
When we see others manifesting God's power, we provably have not seen the
discipline that went before.  They made themselves ready. All our life is a
preparation for more good to be accomplished when God knows that we are
ready for it.  We can keep disciplining ourselves in the spiritual life
every day.  We can learn so much of the spiritual laws that our lives cannot
again be a failure.  Others will see the outward manifestation of the inward
discipline in our daily living.

I pray that I may manifest God's power in my daily living.  I pray that I
may discipline myself so as to be ready to meet every opportunity.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site